Questions You Should Ask...
...when choosing a home inspector
Choosing a home inspection company is an important decision for every home buyer. A thorough, pre-purchase inspection of a house can be your best defense against unwanted surprises after you move into your new home.
On this page of my site, I will try to give you some insight into what questions you should ask when selecting a home inspection service. Even if you don't choose PRO-SPEC Building Consultants Corp., I would like to help you make an educated decision.
1. How long have you been in the business as a home inspection company?
2. Are you involved with or associated with any other business?
3. Do you have professional Liability insurance?
4. Do you encourage the client to attend the inspection?
5. How soon can you typically schedule an inspection?
6. How long will the inspection take?
1. Are you experienced in residential inspections?
2. How many residential inspections have you performed?
3. Are you a licensed home inspector?
1. How much will the inspection cost?
2. What will the inspection report include?
3. Will you prepare a written report?
4. How soon is the report available?
5. Can we see a sample of your report?
6. Does the report conform to home inspection standards?